Thursday, October 8, 2015

The Librarian - Corset

Good heaven, gentle Readers, has it truly been so long since I last posted?  Alas, life has a way of continuing full speed ahead, dragging us behind in its wake.

When we last met, I told the story of love's labour lost, or rather that of labour that did not bear fruit.  This time I come to you with a story of triumph!

Behold, gentle Readers - The Corset!

A thing of beauty, is it not?



From the ruins of the last mockup, I gathered my tattered pride. Armed with my trusty tape measure, I used the pattern Truly Victorian TV 110 as a base, and custom drafted this one to my measurements.  

The fashion layer is a Dragonfly Poly-Brocade; the strength layer is cotton duck; the liner is quilt cotton.  There are a total of 14 straight steel bones and 10 spiral steel bones.  The top and bottom are bound with double fold bias tape, as I was afraid that the brocade would not be strong enough to make binding out of without lining it with cotton duck as well, and I didn't want the bulk.  The top binding has an added lace edge, which I have tacked to stand up rather than laying down.  

All in all, a success, though one that was quite delayed in coming.



No comments:

Post a Comment